Monday, December 15, 2014

Why I LOVE Birchbox!


I was a long-time Ipsy lover. I loved that I got full-size products for $10/month. I found their rewards lackluster at best, and often I didn't like the color or product I received. Then, I found out about Birchbox from fellow makeup lovers on Facebook. I decided to try it because I got 100 free points (details to come) and a fellow Facebooker would send out a gift if I used her code. I figured, why not? Needless to say, I'm in love and canceling Ipsy. Birchbox typically sends only samples, but for $10/month PLUS 50-70 points/box, I can't beat it. I emailed customer service to ask if I could stop getting face creams (I have very sensitive skin), but still get eye creams and toners. While the answer was no, I was placed in a Beta group for Birchbox. I am allowed to choose how often I get products-face creams, eye creams, tools, perfumes, etc. I LOVE this because I can essentially choose what type of products I get. I hope this Beta testing works out because all members should be able to do this.

Let me explain the points. You get 10 points for each product you review from your box. That equates to about $5 to spend in the Birchbox store. Technically, I only spend $5/box if I review all of my products. When I signed up, I got 100 points so the box was basically free. You also earn points for every dollar you spend in the Birchbox shop. Ideally, you will love the samples so much you buy them. I like to save my points and splurge on something I would normally not buy.  For the first Birchbox purchase I bought the Juara set below. I love coffee, scrubs, and body butters, hence the reason why this set is perfect for me. The $49 was too steep for me to buy outright. The Caudalie set is perfect for winter for the perfect price. I decided to buy it since I was already placing an order. I'm so happy I did! This duo is amazing at moisturizing dry lips and skin.

Another beautiful thing about Birchbox is their Bonus Shop and % off specials. I got a free Mystery Pack, Ace Bonus Pack, free shipping, and 25% off my purchase. These sample packs can be disappointing like two foil packs. I'm staying optimistic that I will get something better this time. What should have cost $71 only cost me $5.75 thanks to my points. This is why I love Birchbox. Not only do I get to sample new products that I've never tried, I also get points to splurge on expensive products, or stock up on tried-and-true favorites. I will have a review on the actual products when I get them. 

What have you used your points on in the Birchbox store? Just for my readers I am offering a FREE gift if you use my code to sign up for Birchbox! Leave me a comment with your email so I can get your mailing address to send your free gift!

When I got my package, this is what the scrub looked like.
 The lid and seal were both broken. I'm not sure how this happened since it came in a gift box.
I emailed Birchbox immediately since this was my first order I ever placed. They handled the situation immediately by giving my 100 points and another Juara gift set for FREE. That is stellar customer service. 

4 comments:

  1. It's a shame your scrub was open! But good to know they replaced it so quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to sign up for Birchbox, it seems like such a great system, and who doesn't love beauty surprises every month?!

    Sami,

    www.theclassicbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Caudalie lip conditioner! I haven't tried a coffee scrub yet, but I am seeign more and more reviews on them so I am getting very Curious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I love birchbox customer service. Glad to see that they did the right thing in this situation.

    ReplyDelete