Friday, December 5, 2014

November's Birchbox

I am thrilled with my November Birchbox! I love all of the products except the Eslor cream. This month gets a grade A from me!
1. Folle de Joie smells dreamy. I typically don't like floral scents because they aggravate my allergies. I get a headache, stuffy nose, sneezing, etc. This parfum did not irritate me at all! Of course I'd love it; it's $98! I will be holding on to the sample until spring since it's so expensive.

2.   The Bain de Terre styling oil is great for my color-treated hair. My ends are so dry because my hair is so long. Those ends have been through multiple torture sessions AKA coloring sessions including bleaching. I have to use oils on the ends to make my hair look somewhat healthy. I like that this one is affordable with little scent to the actual product. The texture is thicker than other oils, which works well on my hair.

3. I began experimenting with highlighters this fall and love them. I was always hesitant to use them because my skin is oily. The first one I tried was Mary Lou-Manizer and loved her! I was so excited to try Cindy Lou-Manizer because I've heard great things about her too. Even though this sample is small, I get a ton of use out of it since it's pigmented.

4. Not Soap, Radio wash reminds me of a Lush shower gel. It provides an excellent lather, lemony scent, and cleanses my skin effectively. Although I love it, I wouldn't pay $16 for ANY shower gel. To me, it's just not worth it.

5. I was excited to get my first food item from Birchbox! The Dang Coconut Chips are delicious! I typically do NOT like anything coconut, but I will try anything once.  Boy I am glad I did! The chips were sweet without being overly sweet like candy. I brought them as a snack when I volunteered at the Rock N Roll Marathon registration area. The runners were dying to try my snack! I let hundreds of people take pictures of the chips, but I wouldn't share lol.

6. I'm sure the Eslor cream is amazing, but I was afraid to use it because it it extremely moisturizing. This would irritate my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I will avoid anything that may cause me to breakout.

This box was a total LOVE for me. Keep your eyes open for an upcoming post in regards to Birchbox's response to my concern about the Eslor cream. I cannot express how much Birchbox's customer service rocks! What did you get in your box?  Leave it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment