Friday, December 5, 2014

November's Ipsy bag

This is what I got from Ipsy this month. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of these products.
1. Be a Bomshell eye base went on smoothly. It made my eye shadow last longer, but I still creased by hour 6 of applying my makeup. I will say, this is pretty typical of my eye makeup. My tried-and-true favorites bases are Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Nars. If you have recommendations leave them in the comments please!

2. The Elizabeth Mott liner was easy to apply, but extremely glittery.  couldn't get past the glitter, but the staying power/formula was awesome.

3. The LA Colors Chunky Lip Pencil has a fantastic formula. It was moisturizing, yet pigmented. The only problem was the color. I was not thrilled with how pink it appeared on me.

4. My favorite product was the Laura Mercier powder and fan brush. I don't know what the magical ingredient is, but the formula covers pores and shine like a dream. I tried using the fan brush to apply the powder, but found I love it more for highlighters and bronzers. My small complaint was that Ipsters didn't get a discount code. Thank goodness I'm a Sephora Rouge member. I earned a $25 off coupon. I'm going to buy the Mercier powder and a primer.

5. I didn't find anything spectacular with the Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray except the incredibly long name. I'm not particular when it comes to hairspray. This one provides a decent amount of hold and smells great.

My overall grade for Ipsy this month is a C. I liked some of the products, but not enough to make me stay an Ipster (*gasp). I am doing the unthinkable and unsubscribing after December's bag. Birchbox won my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment