Sunday, October 26, 2014

October Birchbox review and book talk

This is my October Birchbox! I am surprisingly pretty happy with it. The Balance Me eye cream is moisturizing and feels fantastic on my eye area.

The "worst" product out of the box is my Beauty Protector. I didn't enjoy this as much as I hoped. My highlighted hair needs extra moisture at the ends and I was hoping this product would be the answer; it wasn't. I LOVE the smell though!

One of the favorites from this box is the Model Co lipstick. It's a great shade for any skin color. For me, it's a my-lips-but-better shade. It's creamy and smells like strawberries.

My other favorite is the Revealed 2 palette. The colors are beautifully pigmented, yet blends like a dream.The buttery texture makes me a believer in Coastal Scents eye shadows.

The last product is my "average" product. The Dr. Brandt Vacuum Cleaner was the most anticipated product in this box, but I'm "meh" about it. While this did remove surface rough spots and unevenness caused by blackheads and dead skin, it didn't "vacuum out my pores like Glamglow.

Overall, this is a great month for me for Birchbox. This is my three month anniversary with Birchbox and it keeps getting better.

I'm also obsessed with the author this month, Gillian Flynn. If you haven't read Gone Girl, GET ON IT! This is one of the most gripping, twisted psychological thrillers of our time. I usually don't go for this genre, but so many friends told me how awesome it was so I had to get it. The movie is just as intense as the book. I'm happy with the cinematography and acting in the movie.

Let me know your thoughts on this month's box. What did you love from your box? What books are you reading? Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. What is Glamglow? I too was less than blown away by the dr. Brandt product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the BEST mask on the market. I use the clearing treatment to spot treat my blemishes and the moisturizing one during the winter. This is a link to their website. If you are by a Sephora you can also get samples in store. Let me know if you need more info about Glamglow! http://www.glamglowmud.com/sample-sexy.html

      Delete
  2. Nice review! Was a bit disappointed with my box this month but only because I wanted a dang BEAUTY BLENDER. lol. Nice review! I followed u on G Plus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I was dying for a Beauty Blender also, Jessica! Of course I didn't get one.

      Delete
  3. I wanted the coastal eye shadows this month in my box, but I didn't get it. I love gillian Flynn's other 2 books so I suggest reading those if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sign up and watch for the sales on the Revealed palettes. It is worth the money when they go on sale. You can also get them WITH brushes on Birchbox. Thank you for the book recommendations. I was wondering if the other books were just as good as Gone Girl.

      Delete
  4. I got the same box! Super happy with what I received.

    ReplyDelete